ANNOUNCEMENT OF CERTIFICATED TEMPORARY POSITION VACANCY
JOB TITLE: Classroom Teacher – Alternative Education Programs
DEADLINE: December 31, 2015, at 3:00pm. Applications will be received until that date
LOCATION: Sierra Pass Continuation School and Independent Study Program, Loyalton, CA, for Sierra-Plumas Joint Unified School District, Sierra County
SALARY: $198 (Step 1 Class 1 Salary Schedule)
BENEFITS: CalSTRS retirement, sick leave, no health insurance benefits
ASSIGNMENT: Temporary: January 25, 2016, to June 10, 2016. Sierra Pass Continuation School Grades 7-12 and Independent Study Grades K-12.
DESCRIPTION: Under direct supervision of the administrator or designee, a credentialed teacher will provide an educational program for pupils in an alternative education classroom setting. The teacher will demonstrate a genuine respect for students of various backgrounds and is accountable for the safety and welfare of all students. Seeking applicant with experience teaching in an independent study program and alternative education (continuation school) environment.
- Valid California Multiple Subject or Single Subject Teaching Credential or ability to possess appropriate credential
- English Language Learner (CLAD-BCLAD certified);
- Knowledge of California Curriculum Standards and framework for primary and secondary grade levels
- Highly qualified to teach basic content subject areas, including mathematics, reading, writing, language arts, science and social science.
- Willingness to commit to the Governing Board of the Sierra-Plumas Joint Unified School District mission and educational philosophy
- Ability to utilize a variety of specialized methodology in teaching and instructing students
- Ability to teach standard course work to a wide range of students in age, aptitude and level of educational achievement utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and specified in state law and administrative regulations
- Experience in monitoring the progress of students on a regular basis and participate in the review of student progress and readiness for grade promotion
- Ability to identify unique student needs and implement appropriate support instruction
- Knowledge of appropriate methods of student discipline
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
PROCEDURE: Seek application on EdJoin at http://www.edjoin.org/
Include with the application: Current Resume, Letter of Introduction, Transcripts (copy), Credential (copy) and three letters of professional teaching recommendations and/or professional references
Top applicants will be notified for interview.
For more information or a hard copy of the Application for Employment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Sierra-Plumas Joint Unified School District office at (530) 993-1660 Ext.*842. http://www.sierracountyofficeofeducation.org/
The Board of Education prohibits unlawful discrimination against and/or harassment of district employees and job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, sex or sexual orientation at any district site and/or activity.